Police officers have the right to e.g.:
- Check documents to verify personal identity,
- Detain people who cause an obvious immediate danger to human life, health and property,
- Perform superficial frisk and luggage checking in the case of justified suspicion of a committed prohibited act.
Protect your property:
- Do not put your wallet with money and documents in external pockets on your clothing, otherwise you may became a pickpocket victim,
- Protect your mobile phone against the possibility of being pulled from your hand; Do not leave your luggage unattended,
- Do not leave documents, laptops, GPS navigation, mobile phones in your car,
- Remember to close and lock your car.
WARNING: Notify the Police in the event of the loss of your possessions as a result of theft or breaking and entering!
Take care of your safety:
- Do not socialize with unknown persons (do not make chance acquaintances),
- Use only licensed taxi vehicles,
- In the evenings and at nights avoid poorly lit places, side roads, parks, squares,
- Change money only in banks and exchange office.
PLEASE NOTE: If you became an assault and robbery or battery victim, use the emergency number 112 or personally report the crime or incident to the nearest police station.
A written statement is taken by a police officer on duty or prosecutor.
- In Poland, drinking of alcohol in public places (parks, squares, streets) is prohibited apart from summer gardens situated close to bars, cafés, restaurants.
- The transport of drugs and psychoactive substances into and out of the country is forbidden.
- The possession of a firearm without permission required by law is prohibited.
- The distribution and viewing of child pornography is forbidden.